Wednesday, June 22, 2011

where the wind blows and the cows are abundant

Summer. It's a magical time of year. Though I think I must say that about every season.

I've noticed that I keep talking about the lovely sunrises, the warmth of the sun, the splash of a cannon ball in the pool- all things that make Summer oh-so inviting. However, the things that Summer brings along with it, make me ecstatic. Life seems full of adventure and sometimes, I feel as though I fall in love with life and the beauty that surrounds us.

My trip to Missouri was absolutely lovely. Not only did I get to spend time with wonderful family members that I haven't seen in years, but I got to sit back and really realize how blessed I am.

The drive to Missouri seemed to stretch on and on. There are those moments, though, when road trips are oddly refreshing. Sitting in a car surrounded by pillows, listening to music while drinking an iced coffee is relaxing.


As you get closer and closer to your destination, your excitement seems to build. With every passing hour you want to get there faster and faster.


Once you reach the place that you've been longing for over the past fourteen hours, and you crash into the fluffy hotel bed, it is pure perfection.

Meeting relatives that you've only heard stories about, laughing together about past memories, and relishing every moment of the trip makes one feel alive with joy.


Relishing every moment of laughter, smiles, and memories.


Life is road trips and songs. Life is hills of grass and cows in pastures. Life is Summer.

Life is beautiful.

What is life you to? Do tell.