Friday, June 24, 2011

saying yes to two.

Well, lately there has been a lot of decision making in our family.

Big decisions. Big changes. Lots of prayer.

A number of weeks ago, while we were having family devotions, my dad was praying. I noticed he said something about asking for wisdom as we decided whether or not to adopt two boys, not just one, but two.

The idea really hadn't even occurred to me. Honestly, I was surprised when they first told us that we were adopting Joshua.

Two?

I was completely surprised. It was one of those things that you don't expect to ever happen- at least not right now.

I was astonished. I didn't even know they were thinking about adopting two boys. Where they serious?

I was scared. Our car won't hold that many people. Where will he sleep? How old would he be?

Honestly, I had so many thoughts running through my head that I didn't know what to think.

Our parents talked about it with us a lot. They wanted to know how we felt about it. We were all thrilled--and hopeful that they would say "yes" to getting two boys.

And soon after, they decided that they just really didn't feel like they were being called to adopt two little boys.

I was disappointed. How amazing is the opportunity to bring two home at the same time?

However, a good friend of ours who was a foster mother to Moriah in China, sent us a picture of an adorable, precious, four year old.

We feel in love.

It's as simple as that. After much prayer our family has decided that we will be bringing home not one, but two little boys from China this Winter.

Words can not express the many thoughts running through my head. The main thing that I keep thinking is - We are so blessed.

Not many people have the opportunity to bring home two children home from China at once, but the Lord has called us to adopt.

I believe that when the Lord calls you to do something; there's no saying no.

This little four year old boy in China, who we're going to name Isaac, has a family.

And this {soon-to-be-not-so-little} family, has two precious sons and brothers who are waiting for us in China.

I couldn't be more happy.

The Lord truly plans everything that will happen to us. When unexpected things such as this happen, it reminds me of how our God holds us in His hands. He knows perfectly everything that happens in our lives. It reminds me of how though, we don't even fathom some things happening to us, He knows that things will be for our good, and His glory.

Where this road is going to take us, we certainly don't know. There will most certainly be challenges and struggles, but there will be times of happiness, excitement, and triumph. Through all of that, we know that no matter what things we are going to go through with all this; God has a plan. We can rest assured that He will help us through any struggle we might face.


{Linking up with Sunday Snapshot}

Sunday Snapshot



I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you John 14:18


{We're not allowed to post any pictures of Isaac at the moment, but once we are able to, I can't wait for all of you to see his precious little face!}