Saturday, February 4, 2012

one day at a time




 Where do I even begin? So much has happened. So much is about to happen. There are so many things I want to say, yet I don't know how.
 About two weeks ago, I had to have an unexpected surgery. It was hard. One day, you're healthy and then the next you're in the emergency room and the doctor is telling you that you need to have surgery as soon as possible. Once I got over the initial shock of realizing that these people were going to take apart my body and practically put it back together again, I had a sense of excitement. I was excited to be pain-free, I was ready to get it over with. Once I was admitted into the hospital, and was being wheeled into the operating room, I think I probably would have told you a different story. My family, friends, and church family were so supportive during this hard time in my life, and I am so unexplainably thankful and grateful for them. I spent the following days in bed, surrounded by gorgeous vases of flowers and cards sent to me by friends and family. As strange as this might sound, this surgery was a good thing. I needed to take a step back and look at my life. It was nice to revaluate my priorities and just have time to think about all these upcoming changes in my life.



With moving houses, preparing to go to China in exactly two weeks, along with the normal business of our lives, it's been quite lively at our house. I do not think have we ever been so busy as we are right now. It's not what I would call easy, or exactly enjoyable. Yet while I struggle with balancing everything, I know that this is only for a short time, and it will be worth it. Every day we are a step closer to meeting the boys, everyday we are a day closer to holding their hands. I keep telling myself, Every day is a day closer. Take it a day at a time. Don't. Be. Stressed. Right now, at this moment, all I can do is rely on God's strength, His grace. One day at a time.

p.s. well, i finally got a twitter account. feel free to follow me!