Sunday, February 12, 2012

this is real.





Two days, 13 hours, and 3 minutes reads my countdown app on my iPod. Two days? Is it possible that there are only two days until we step onto the plane and fly to China? So many hours I've spent longing for the week we'd travel to China, and now that it's here, I'm not quite sure what to think. I'm hoping to blog quite a bit on this trip--not only so that you all can hear about it, but so that in the days following our trip, I can come back and re-live all the sights, smells and adventures that China holds. I want to be honest and real in my writing here. I want to capture the details and describe it accurately. There will be so much to tell, so many things to write about, so many things to breathe in and look at.

When you start an adoption process, at least for me, I felt as if we would never come to this point. You have pictures of these children that you are longing to meet and hold in your arms, but you can't do anything but wait. And now, we're just days away from this whole thing actually becoming a reality. Sometimes through this journey I found myself thinking that it was so far away, and it honestly didn't feel real. But this is real! This is actually going to happen.

There are so many things that we don't know about. These next weeks will certainly be some of the most challenging, yet at the same time, some of the most amazing days of my life. I honestly don't know what to expect. I'm nervous, I'm scared, but I am so excited. A week from today, I'll be meeting my brothers. I won't have to stare at their pictures longing for that day, I'll actually be living it. A week from today, I will be in China. A week from today my entire life will be changed. I'm so thankful that God is faithful and that I can put all my trust in Him.

linking up with Sunday Snapshot