Wednesday, February 29, 2012

the orphan









Little voices speaking in Chinese and quiet screams of delight could be heard coming from behind the door of the foster home as we walked up. We slipped off our shoes and opened up the door. "Ni hao! Ni hao!" lots of little children shouted. We had arrived at Isaac's old foster home where he stayed before we came to get him. There were little children everywhere. Some were sitting on the floor playing with toys, others were talking to each other. A few were far away from everyone else playing by themselves and one little boy was sitting in his bed watching everyone else. It was a very nice apartment they were all in. There was a room where cribs were up against every wall and little toddler beds were in neat rows on the floor. I was on a bit of a mission to find a certain baby I had seen pictures of--I was dying to hold him and love on him. My dad went into the bedroom as the rest of us played with the other children. Suddenly I heard, "Kimberly! Look who I found!" As I rounded the corner, I saw a precious little round faced boy with short black hair that I had seen photos of. He had small little eyes and perfect little pink lips. I held him for the rest of the time we where there. We played together and I talked to him. The time we had to leave came all too quickly, and I shed a few tears when I had to leave him there. I wanted to bring him home so badly, I wanted each of these kids to have a family. 

I think I'll be coming back here to China one day. I don't know when it will be, but after seeing this, there is no way that I can turn my head and ignore these children. God touched my heart that day, and I know I have to do something to help these children. My heart was broken for the orphan. One day I want to come here and do something to help them. I'm not sure what, but I know that I have to do something. These children need us.

{p.s. i've been horrible at blogging during this trip! tomorrow we are traveling home, and once we're back in the u.s. i'm hoping to write more about these past few weeks. thank you all again for all your prayers during all of this!}