Wednesday, December 21, 2011

honestly.

Life has been crazy lately. Probably because it's December, and well, we all know that's a very busy month. 
The past few weeks have just been hard. I find myself worrying about the upcoming adoption far too much. I need to take a step back and realize this isn't about me. These boys need a home, and we need them. At the same time, while I'm fearful, I'm so excited. It's a hard feeling to put into words. I've imagined the day that we will meet them so many times. Will they cry? Will they be happy? What will we even say to them? We're going to be a family of eight.
 We're getting so very close to traveling, just two more months. I keep picturing myself walking out of the plane into China. I've dreamed of going to this country for so long, and now, this dream is becoming a reality. It's hard to believe, but I am thrilled. 




Just this morning I was thinking about all this. I have so many questions I wish could be answered. It will be so nice when we can just deal with everything, instead of wondering and speculating. My mom found the most adorable video this morning that I think really puts everything into perspective. These kids need families. 


I seriously can't wait until I'll be in China. I'm going to walk on the great wall, I'm going to experience all these things that I've only ever heard about. There will be new things on every corner, new adventures everywhere. I can't wait. 



There's a song that I've recently re-discovered. It makes me sob every time I hear it, but it's beautiful and so well describes how I've been feeling and what I've been thinking about. 


I know you’ve heard the stories
But they all sound too good to be true
You’ve heard about a place called home
But there doesn’t seem to be one for you
So one more night you cry yourself to sleep
And drift off to a distant dream

Where love takes you in and everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
When love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in

And somewhere while you’re sleeping
Someone else is dreaming too
Counting down the days until
They hold you close and say I love you
And like the rain that falls into the sea
In a moment what has been is lost in what will be

When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart

And this love will never let you go
There is nothing that could ever
cause this love to lose its hold

When love takes you in everything changes
A miracle starts with the beat of a heart
When love takes you home and says you belong here
The loneliness ends and a new life begins
When love takes you in it takes you in for good
When love takes you in