Thursday, December 1, 2011

december first.












Today is the first of December. Can you believe it? It snowed today--quite an appropriate beginning to December, if you ask me. It's starting to actually feel like winter, it's bitter cold, people are walking around town in boots, coats, and gloves, and the air smells of Christmas cookies. Our Christmas tree is up, I think it would be safe to say that our tree is a miss-mash of memories. Every year, our grandparents give us each an ornament on Thanksgiving day. Sometimes the ornaments are just fun, sometimes they represent something that happened that year or something we're looking forward to. I absolutely love pulling out the boxes and boxes of ornaments, each of them bring back a flood of memories. My favorite ornament we have would have to be the little Asian girl holding a lantern with a little Chinese house next to her--we got it while we were waiting to bring Moriah home. There are ornaments from my parents' childhoods, ornaments from trips we've taken, and from school that we've made over the years. I love waking up each morning, looking at it, and remembering different times from the past.

As the snow is falling, I'm sitting in our warm house, on the couch with a bunch of blankets. Today was a good day, I got to spend time with a friend, get a lot of school work accomplished, and now spend time with my family in the evening hours of the day. I'm looking forward to December--with Christmas celebrations, a break from school, seeing family, and my birthday, it's shaping up to be a very good month. I'm excited to see what December will bring.