Saturday, October 1, 2011

finally.

It's an odd feeling to finally be blogging again, it's been over a month!  I really had no idea how busy I was going to be with school starting, and the usual craziness of life in general. But, I have a new little toy which I believe will inspire me to start posting a bit more.

I never thought I'd actually be able to say this, but, I bought my very own Nikon d5100! Some of you may remember that not too long ago, my dad bought the Nikon d7000, but unfortunately, not too long after he bought it, we had to return it. So, it was back to the point and shoot. However, about a week ago, I ordered my very own nikon, and ever since, I've been snapping away, attempting to figure out exactly how it works. I can not even tell you how excited I am to finally have my own DSLR! Yesterday, my jo totes bag came in the mail, and I also had the opportunity to go to the mountains and got to use my little nikon, and oh, it doesn't even compare to a point and shoot.



Our grandparents invited us to go up into the mountains with them for a day to see the fall colors. I love the mountains. As you get higher and higher up into the sky it just becomes more and more beautiful. The trees this time of year are amazing. Yellow, red, orange, brown and a bit of green covered the trees in a beautiful autumn glow. The sky seemed immensely blue against the tips of the trees and the lakes which we passed reflected the beauty of Fall time in the clear water.

 







We had a picnic on the side of a little road near a forest of trees. Different kinds of cheeses on French bread, fruit and cookies, one of my very favorite meals, seemed the appropriate lunch to eat in the beauty of God's creation on a sunny afternoon.







We drove around for several hours, and each corner we went around, there were more and more enchanting places where we just had to get out and explore. I'm almost positive that we spent more time on the side of the road taking pictures and eating then we actually did in the car, which is definitely not a bad thing.

 



While we were driving home, we stopped at a little ice cream shop, and then made our way back down the mountain. It was a beautiful day, and it made me so much more excited for fall time to be here.

Also, did you notice anything new about the blog? My lovely cousin Sophia worked on it for me, and I quite like how it turned out!