Thursday, December 2, 2010

for granted?

Sigh, life can seem so complicated at times, can't it? It seems just as you're starting to figure something out, your world falls apart. Life is so, so full of "what ifs." Far to many, in my opinion. We worry about things we shouldn't, and wish for things to be different. I'm not sure if that makes any sense at all, but it's true. But really, how often do we sit back, and thank God for what he's given us?

I need to be reminded again and again, that everything happens for a reason, for His glory. He plans out our days, before we are even born. We get so caught up in the day-to-day. Things like studying for the history final, or perfecting the piece of your artwork which is going in the exhibit. Things of that sort seem to take over my life, and I forget about what really matters. God. He is the one who gives me life and breath and everything I need. How often do I stop to thank him for that? How often do I take these things for granted?

I want to become more and more like him everyday of my life, but how can I do that if I'm not taking time to really talk to him, and thank him. I can't. It doesn't work like that. However much we want it to, it doesn't. We can't snap our fingers and automatically think we are somehow "closer" to God. We need to spend time in his word, take time to talk to him. But, how ever much it seems a good idea, it's hard to do. I get "so busy" with life. "So busy" with everything. It's no excuse. Even though life can seem so confusing, so scary, we know that God is with us. And through things that might seem so hard, and so big, he grows us through those experiences.

I want to be drawn closer to God. But I can't do it alone. I need his help. But he promises to help us, and we can take so much comfort in his word. I pray, that God would be drawing me closer to him. That he would help me to spend more time in his word, and in prayer.


"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Check out Ephesians 2:1-10--it's all about how we need God to do good works that he planned for us. "So that no man may boast." we can't do it alone!!
Love,
Aubrey

Bailey said...

Great post! I needed that reminder!

LUV YA!

B

Elizabeth said...

good reminder kim. I really needed to here that. it's evadent u have jesus in your life. rock on!! even being a mitionary kid I don't get that reminder very often and I loose trake of things maybe even more than I would in America... it makes me sad. What kind of a mitionary kid am I??? sigh...

Post a Comment

every comment i get makes me smile