Wednesday, September 8, 2010

i love you moriah mei!






Two whole years ago today, one of my biggest dreams came true...Having a sister. Two whole years ago today, my parents were in China meeting a scared, little 19 month old girl. And on that day, I got a sister.



I didn't end up meeting her until 11 days later, but I'll always remember the night mom and dad called to say they had gotten her. I could hear her in the back round, laughing. When I heard her, I started crying, because it was really true. I had a sister! My very own sister.

Then the day I met her was probably the best day of my entire life. There we were with all my cousins, all my grandparents, my aunts and uncles. And then they walked out of the plane. I remember feeling so incredibly happy. There she was! In real life, right in my mom's arms.I was much too happy to even cry happy tears. It was a little bit hard to take it all in.


And that was two whole years ago! Two years! It seems like she's been with us forever, but that day I met her seems like yesterday.


Now, she's not scared anymore, she doesn't eat and eat and eat because now she knows she'll always have food. She's not sad when mom has to go to the store, because she knows she will always come back.


She is my sister. And I love her so unexplaniably much. I am so thankful God provided a sister for me and a family for her.


At this time next year, she will have grown even more, learned even more, and be even more secure.



Back to the present....



I am so thankful for this little China doll. I love it when she asks to have tea parties, and when she wants me to put make-up on her and do her hair...



The times, when we go to parks and I push her in swings, or when she climbs in bed with me at night. Or when she walks up to me and gives me a hug and tells me she loves me. Those are the moments I live for.

Moriah Mei, I love you so much, and I am so tremendously blessed by God that he gave me a sister-especially one just like you. Happy gotcha day, little sister, happy gotcha day.

{If you would like to read the full and total story of how we got Moriah and the day I met her in full detail you can do so HERE }


2 comments:

Bailey said...

i luv, luv, luv you Mei-Mei!
hugs!
B

Aubrey said...

Wow, 2 whole years!! You stayed with us while your parents were gone!!I remember the first time you brought her to church!! you were SO excited, but no one except your family could hold her. She is so much bigger now!!
Love you, and Mei-mei!!
Aubrey
P.S. I like "Beautiful", too!! Did you put all kinds of new songs on, or have I just never heard them?? =)

Post a Comment

every comment i get makes me smile